Every year, I kind of do some thinking on New Year’s Resolutions, but never really come up with a plan, etc. This year, I’m putting it out there into the blogosphere….even if no one ever reads this, it’s written down and I can think about it and even come back to it next New Year and see how I did.
New Year’s Resolutions:
1. Organization. Get the house organized. I started this last year with meal-planning each week, and it’s done wonders for my sanity level at dinner time and for my number of trips to the grocery. Rarely do I go to the grocery store more than once per week. I do occasionally pick up something I need from our (non-Super) Target. But, I usually go there once a week for diapers or formula or to just look around for a bit. I’ve started getting my closet organized already (which has a lot of #2 involved), and we organized the Christmas stuff when we put it away, which helped us organize our downstairs storage closet. We’re in the process of organizing Micah’s closet, which is HUGE. It’s been a mess for a year or so. We finally moved in a (huge) file cabinet in last weekend and the only things we need to organize are some of the kids keepsakes. Up next: Our upstairs storage closet, my dresser and sock drawer, and our kitchen cabinets.
2. De-clutter. After Christmas, I didn’t even know it had been bubbling, but it hit me…the clutter of the house was overwhelming to me. And I needed to take all of the Christmas stuff down NOW. So, Tim obliged and that was our New Year’s Eve. [Thanks, honey!] It felt good though to start the year off without stuff everywhere. I realized around Christmas how much stuff we have. Shoes, clothes, toys, etc. It kind of made me feel heavy somehow. So, I have gone through my shoes, and most of my closet and if I haven’t worn it in the last 2 years (I was prego last year, so I gave myself a grace year), it went. I tried my hardest not to keep things because it was cute but doesn’t fit right, used to fit, might fit again someday, etc. It was harder than I thought. Same with shoes. I kept a few special occasion shoes, but if I hadn’t worn them, they’re gone. Part of the de-clutter plan is also to have a garage sale this spring. I CANNOT WAIT.
3. Read more. I don’t read enough. I would love some book suggestions. Either challenging or mindless. My brain needs a workout.
4. More intentional with kids. Somtimes the running around of the day gets in the way of what I really want to do: be a good mom to our kids. I am going to try to come up with 3 things I want to do with each of them each day and follow through on them.
5. More positive. Some days I’m quite the negative Nellie. I want to change this for many reasons. Still coming up with a game plan for this one.
Do you have any resolutions?